Quote

"Scrapbooking is your own personal holiday"~~Sara

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trendy Alternative - Magnetic Project Boards - Updated

Trendy Alternatives Update: 
I found a Beechwood Art Board Stand Easel to put my magnetic project board on. I found it at Hobby Lobby that is the only place I found it. I got 40% off. So I got it for under $25.00. The lip on the bottom is a little smaller then I would have liked but it serves its purpose. It is adjustable height and is 30" x 20" 19" .  I thought it might be too big. But I love the size. It is just right for my craft room.  It is light weight and I love the set up I have.





I have a Trendy Alternative for the Scrap'n Easel and other magnetic project work surfaces.
I do love that the Scrap'n Easel has angled work surface. I love having the option to hold my project pieces in place when designing. I love the fact that it is a 12x24 work surface. I love the fact that it folds up to a nice portfolio. I like the fact that it has a grided work surface.
I would just love to be able to have the Scrap'n Easel but it is just too expensive.

I got to thinking how can I have all of that and be able to afford it.

So I came up with a Trendy Alternative to this.  With some creative thinking and shopping around looking for ideas. This is what I came up with. I love it just as much for a fraction of the cost.
It's a 17"x23" work surface. It is a Magnetic Dry-Erase Board. Sometimes also called a White Board.
It's by Quartet and I picked it up at my local Wal-mart for under $10. I also found some magnets at Wal-mart that work perfectly with this magnetic board.
I had a book stand so I didn't need to purchase that.  It works fantastic! It's very sturdy with the bookstand behind it. The board and magnets cost Under $20.
You would just need to find an easel that would work with it. Maybe you or a handy hubby could build you one. I was lucky enough to have my bookstand available. I like the fact that the white board will hold one 12 x 12 layout.
This leaves and extra space at the side of the magnetic board to hold your cuts or make some notes as you go along.
Here are some photo's of how it looks.





Here's The label from the product


This book stand I already owned.

These are the magnets I purchased seperately.

Post a Comment