Quote

"Scrapbooking is your own personal holiday"~~Sara

Monday, October 3, 2011

Trendy Alternatives - Clear Embellishments

Trendy Alternatives - Clear Embellishments
I saw an embellishment online called clear pops. I thought it had a neat effect. What it looks like is a sticker with a clear acetate overlay. I saw it on Pink Paislee website. It is from the Butterfly Garden Collection.  

Pink Paislee

Well I thought this would be a neat project for my Trendy Alternatives post. They are hard to find and I found a trendy alternative for making these yourself.


First I printed and cut the butterfly from the Lori's Garden cartridge on my Imagine.


You can make these clear pops with any clear packaging. I used a cartridge box.
I cut on side off the box.




Next I used the cut only feature on the Imagine and muti cut 4 times.
I did not use the print feature. Pressure and Speed were 5.


Next I adhered the clear acetate overlay on top of the butterfly cut with terrifically tacky tape.

I just put the adhesive on the body of the butterfly.


I then inked the edges so the clear acetate would stand out more.
I bent the wings up to give the butterfly a 3D dimension.


I also used this method with my Vagabond Machine.
I cut my pieces out with the vagabond machine.
First the patterned paper and then the acetate.



I inked the edges of my flower .
I poked holes through the acetate and the paper flower to adhere a button in the center of the flower.

I sewed the button in the middle of the flower to hold the two pieces together.
I inked the edges of the acetate so the clear piece was defined.
I bent the petals up slightly to give the flower dimension.



Here's the card I made with this flower.

You could also make these embellishments with a regular sticker.
Print an image from your computer and cut it out by hand.
Cut the acetate by hand to overlay on top of the image and you have a pretty 3D embellishment.
You could also print the image with the imagine on ink jet transparency.



Post a Comment