Quote

"Scrapbooking is your own personal holiday"~~Sara

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Paper Quilling With Create A Critter Cartridge

I saw some paper quilling kits. I have some paper quilling supplies here. So I thought why not paper quill with some die cut images. So I looked through my Create A Critter handbook and came up with a couple of animals to quill.







First I used my Gypsy to flood fill the colors I wanted from the Create A Critter cartridge.
I cut them out on my imagine at 3-1/2".


Next I used the die cuts as a template for quilling this butterfly.

Now I have the quilling done and it is ready to be assembled to the base of the butterfly.

I used  dimensional
 to pop up the butterfly wings


Before I placed the wings on the base of the butterfly
I ran the wings through my Sizzix big shot and embossed the wings.
Next I placed the wings on the base of the butterfly.
Next I glued in the quilled papers.
I used dimensionals to pop up the butterflies body.
I used glossy accents over the embossed area to pop out the embossing.

Here's the giraffe I did with Create A Critter Cartridge.
I cut this at 4".


Here are these 2 cuties together.
It really didn't take all that long.
I am not a professional quiller.
Actually this is my first try using my quilling supplies.




 
Post a Comment